Sunday, March 28, 2010

Awk. Conversations # 3

The following conversation takes place in the kitchen of a house party.

Girl:
Hey, does anybody here want to go pick up Casey?
Boy:
(dropping cocktail shaker into the sink, eyes widening) Casey!? She's in town?
Girl:
(Squinting profoundly) Yes, of course she's in town . . .
Boy:
I'll go pick her up! Where is she?
Girl:
Are you sure you're not too drunk to drive?
Boy:
Who me? I've only had like, one drink. I've been too busy making drinks to actually have a drink.
Girl:
Alright well, I'll let her know you're on your way to pick her up.
Boy:
Excellent! Where is she?
Girl:
Her house.
Boy:
Where is that?
Girl:
You've been to her house before, don't you remember?
Boy:
I've never been to Casey's house . . .
Girl:
Yes you have, the house with the pool, remember?
Boy:
(Widens eyes again and then squints them with a kind of disappointment) Oh . . . you meant, Casey, Casey?
Girl:
(Annoyed) Yes, Casey.
Boy:
You know what, actually, I'm drunk after all. I've been drunk this whole time. I can't drive right now. See, that would be absolutely silly.
Girl:
You just said you've only had one drink . . .
Boy:
Yea, but, I've been having sips of all these drinks that I've been making, so . . . I'm drunk now.
Girl:
But you were fine to drive like five minutes ago?
Boy:
Yea, but, that was when I thought I was going to pick up Casey - not Casey.

No comments:

Post a Comment